Menu icon Foundation
Errors in where files are being created with Bower or Yo-zf5

Ok here is he issue. using my watch command and a libsass sass setup I notice that when using the zF5 generator [ https://www.npmjs.org/package/generator-zf5#readme ] it will create an app folder. and in that app folder is all of the corresponding files of the:
Bower_components
CSS
Fonts (nothing there)
Images (nothing there)
JS ( 1kb app.js file)
SCSS (settings.scss and app.scss)
and a index.html file

In the bower_components > jquery >>> there is a link there form the index.html file but there is no jquery file there... it is in the dist folder. now, I don't know if it was moved and then placed in the dist folder when I did a grunt publish... this could have been the case.

My questions is... not that this is really an error... probably just a bit of me not understanding the exact process... BUT, how do I know what should be attached and where should it be placed.

Furthermore there is a min.js file in the dist directly as well... and,

in the jquery directory of bower there is an src folder that has a ton of .js files and directories such as ajax. What is all of that?

Lastly, should we take the dist directory structure as the final say? If that is the case the js >>> vendor directory has a jquery,min.cs file in it but it is blank as in 0kb... nothing there.

Do I need to validate the js through grunt before I publish? Why did this happen?

lastly, part 2, there is an app.min.css file... now I am assuming this is correct and that is the file that is associated with the project finally.

Any help would be appreciated.

<script src="bower_components/jquery/jquery.js"></script>
<script src="bower_components/foundation/js/foundation.min.js"></script>

bowergurntyozf5FoundationscssSassgit

Ok here is he issue. using my watch command and a libsass sass setup I notice that when using the zF5 generator [ https://www.npmjs.org/package/generator-zf5#readme ] it will create an app folder. and in that app folder is all of the corresponding files of the:
Bower_components
CSS
Fonts (nothing there)
Images (nothing there)
JS ( 1kb app.js file)
SCSS (settings.scss and app.scss)
and a index.html file

In the bower_components > jquery >>> there is a link there form the index.html file but there is no jquery file there... it is in the dist folder. now, I don't know if it was moved and then placed in the dist folder when I did a grunt publish... this could have been the case.

My questions is... not that this is really an error... probably just a bit of me not understanding the exact process... BUT, how do I know what should be attached and where should it be placed.

Furthermore there is a min.js file in the dist directly as well... and,

in the jquery directory of bower there is an src folder that has a ton of .js files and directories such as ajax. What is all of that?

Lastly, should we take the dist directory structure as the final say? If that is the case the js >>> vendor directory has a jquery,min.cs file in it but it is blank as in 0kb... nothing there.

Do I need to validate the js through grunt before I publish? Why did this happen?

lastly, part 2, there is an app.min.css file... now I am assuming this is correct and that is the file that is associated with the project finally.

Any help would be appreciated.

<script src="bower_components/jquery/jquery.js"></script>
<script src="bower_components/foundation/js/foundation.min.js"></script>

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Christian Matthias over 5 years ago

Any help with this? Or does anyone else notice this?

Christian Matthias over 5 years ago

Here is the answer form Julian... Makes sense now.

Ohh yes there is wrong path for jquery now :/ should be of course.. I think jQuery 2.1.0 has new folder structure.
I will try to do some fixes very soon.