Menu icon Foundation
Upgrade 4 to5 clarity

I am trying to upgrade from 4 to 5 using the automatic route, but am having trouble understanding the instructions-"Our CLI can help you upgrade your Foundation 4 project to Foundation 5. It can be installed using the following commands in terminal:" Does CLI stand for "command line interface", or something else? A command line interface to me is like the command prompt in windows. Any explanation would be helpful

upgrade

I am trying to upgrade from 4 to 5 using the automatic route, but am having trouble understanding the instructions-"Our CLI can help you upgrade your Foundation 4 project to Foundation 5. It can be installed using the following commands in terminal:" Does CLI stand for "command line interface", or something else? A command line interface to me is like the command prompt in windows. Any explanation would be helpful

James Pollard over 4 years ago

I've tried that and windows doesn't understand the commands. So where is the Foundation "Command Line Interface" located? The term Foundation CLI apparently does NOT mean an actual command line interface, but rather probably a Command Line INSTRUCTION. There is an obvious problem with semantics here that is very confusing.

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

The command line interface is a script you install on your machine that translates commands into into something your machine will do things. You install the Foundation 5 CLI using these instructions: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html

Once it's installed, you need only to run the commands to create a new project or update.

sam23duke about 1 year ago

The command line interface is a script you install on your machine that translates commands into into something your machine will do things.