Menu icon Foundation
scss installation missing files

I have tried to install Foundation 5 but not all files get installed, among others the stylesheets folder and jquery file (bower_components/jquery/jquery.min.js) are missing. To install Foundation 5 I wrote in ruby:

foundation new projectname

This happened:

Creating ./projectname
create projectname
Cloning into ´projectname´...
remote: Reusing existing pack: 72, done.
remote: Total 72 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
unpacking objects: 100% (72/72), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Installing dependencies with bower...
./projectname was created

This is a new problem, I sucsessfully installed Foundation 5 about a mounth ago.
Does anybody know what is wrong?

scssinstallationrubybowerFoundation 5

I have tried to install Foundation 5 but not all files get installed, among others the stylesheets folder and jquery file (bower_components/jquery/jquery.min.js) are missing. To install Foundation 5 I wrote in ruby:

foundation new projectname

This happened:

Creating ./projectname
create projectname
Cloning into ´projectname´...
remote: Reusing existing pack: 72, done.
remote: Total 72 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
unpacking objects: 100% (72/72), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Installing dependencies with bower...
./projectname was created

This is a new problem, I sucsessfully installed Foundation 5 about a mounth ago.
Does anybody know what is wrong?

Jay Kent almost 6 years ago

after creating the project, are you running 'compass watch'? That should create the /stylesheets with the sass compiled into the .css file.

I too am running into the same issue with jQuery though. Just opening the included index.html I get jQuery undefined.

Robin Cox almost 6 years ago

I tried to install Foundation 5 via libsass, but jQuery file is still not there, the stylesheets are though. This isn't a major problem because you can just upload a copy of jQuery in:

bower_components/jquery

But are there more missing files that I'm not aware of?
Furthermore it's kinda irritating to have to upload your own copy of jQuery.

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Hmm, doesnt sound right. We'll take a look.

Jay Kent almost 6 years ago

I ended up just pointing one directory further in "jquery" to "bower_components/jquery/dist/jquery.js"

Karina Simpson almost 6 years ago

I have a previous project where my jquery.js is not in the /dist folder. My other coworkers are just starting to contribute with the project and when they get their bower components their jquery.js is now under the /dist folder. They are having to move their jquery.js out of /dist so they can actually load jquery as the pages were already coded with the previous location.
Why the change? I cannot find any documentation for that change.