Menu icon Foundation
Using Phonegap 3 with Foundation for Apps

Hi all,
I am reasonably familiar with Foundation for Sites and am now looking into Foundation for Apps. Can anyone recommend a post/article telling me how to set up a Foundation for Apps project that can be published via Phonegap 3 (client side or Phonegap build)?

Thanks

phonegapprojectsitesapps

Hi all,
I am reasonably familiar with Foundation for Sites and am now looking into Foundation for Apps. Can anyone recommend a post/article telling me how to set up a Foundation for Apps project that can be published via Phonegap 3 (client side or Phonegap build)?

Thanks

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

Foundation for Apps was made to help create responsive web apps. It was not built with native apps in mind so we did not do any testing or setup for that. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work and would love to hear from someone who tried.

Just doing some quick searching, we didn't see any tutorials out there yet. There are ones for general codebases that should apply.
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/02/11/four-ways-to-build-a-mobile-app-part3-phonegap/

Ariel Franco about 4 years ago

Anyone on this? I'm interested.

Did you find something, John?

John Cable about 4 years ago

Still no joy I'm afraid Ariel - not one reply other than yours!

Rafi Benkual about 4 years ago

Not sure if you saw my above answer? We'd like to see people try it and report back what did or didn't work. Ultimately the framework was created to help support the web app community. We know it works with desktop wrappers like Electron.

http://electron.atom.io/

Ariel Franco about 4 years ago

Whoa, I didn't see that answer. I think John either. Weird.

Well, I'll try and post again

Thanks man

John Cable about 4 years ago

No, I didnt see that response from Rafi (dated 4 months ago?) so I'll re-look at that article and see if that is sufficient to move forward.

Jonathan Haar almost 4 years ago

I've tried foundation for apps on android and ios with phonegap and haven't had any issues yet. It looks pretty promising actually. I plan on using it for a project im working on.

Russell over 3 years ago

We're about to do this, I'll try and remember to update you on progress.

John Cable over 3 years ago

Thanks Russell - good luck.