Menu icon Foundation
Advice on using a Foundation WP Starter Theme.

Hey everyone,

I've decided to either use FoundationPress or Grunterie for a Starter Theme. I had one quick question about developing with Wordpress and Foundation.

Usually when I handcode a site, I literally handcode all the content in Sublime Text and that's that. For WordPress, do I handcode all of the content in a text editor and then dump it into the WYSIWYG editor of WordPress? Or is there another way?

One of the reasons of using WordPress is that so clients can go in without my help (or knowledge of code) and adjust things. How does this play in?

Any help would be great!

wordpressFoundationstarter theme

Hey everyone,

I've decided to either use FoundationPress or Grunterie for a Starter Theme. I had one quick question about developing with Wordpress and Foundation.

Usually when I handcode a site, I literally handcode all the content in Sublime Text and that's that. For WordPress, do I handcode all of the content in a text editor and then dump it into the WYSIWYG editor of WordPress? Or is there another way?

One of the reasons of using WordPress is that so clients can go in without my help (or knowledge of code) and adjust things. How does this play in?

Any help would be great!

Sébastien Bodrero almost 5 years ago

Hi,

WordPress is a kind of framework so you'll need to code your own templates especially if you want tu use the power of Foundation (the Codex is really usefull for this)
I would advice you to use the WYSIWYG editor only for the content (text) and not the html markup.

Jonathan Urban over 4 years ago

Hello Douglas.

As you said, Wordpress is a very good Solution in order to able to your clients to edit page content without coding knowledges.
My clients need the same thing and I developped the Wordpress theme Picotto fully based on the Zurb's Foundation 5. Here is a demo:
http://picotto-wp.urbanjonathan.com/

All of these pages were designed in the Wordpress editor thanks to the natives features and the Picotto plugin (like shortcode editor to add some ui control without programming anything !)

Take a look.
See you.