Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5 - Should I wait for the next release before starting a big project

I recently took a look at foundation and like what I see. However, I have just come from trying out a framework with flexbox grids and so when I realised Foundation 5 had no equivalent I went on a search. I found that in the next version you are planning on adding this feature and so I ask "Is it worth it for me to start a large project right now and switch part way?"

Foundation 5foundation 6newproject

I recently took a look at foundation and like what I see. However, I have just come from trying out a framework with flexbox grids and so when I realised Foundation 5 had no equivalent I went on a search. I found that in the next version you are planning on adding this feature and so I ask "Is it worth it for me to start a large project right now and switch part way?"

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

That's up to you. The current float grid is very powerful and will continue to be used in the next version, alongside an optional flexbox version. You can build now and continue using the float grid after the new release.

Benjamin Forg almost 5 years ago

Thanks for the reply Rafi, I will defiantly consider that. Do you by any chance know when the new foundation will be released?

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Just a few months from now :)