Menu icon Foundation
Do I have to use customized modernizr/jquery in vendor folder?

I noticed the there is custom modernizr in vendor folder. Do I have to use this one instead of modernizr CDN?
Also the Jquery seems little bit different from google CDN jquery even tho both versions are 2.1.0 . Which version should I use? I would love to use CDN for less server requests.

jquerymodernizrjavascript

I noticed the there is custom modernizr in vendor folder. Do I have to use this one instead of modernizr CDN?
Also the Jquery seems little bit different from google CDN jquery even tho both versions are 2.1.0 . Which version should I use? I would love to use CDN for less server requests.

Karl Ward almost 6 years ago

You can use CDN for both jQuery and Modernizr no problem ...

I would certainly recommend jQuery loaded from CDN, because there is a big chance the visitors browser has it cached already. The reason Foundation uses a custom modernizr JS, is because it is set up with only the required features, making it slightly slimmer. For the project I am working on, I had to build a custom modernizr JS also, because the one on cdnjs.com did not cover some features I needed.

Unless you are using some very specific modernizr features, then it is best to load both scripts from cdnjs.com and/or Google CDN. I use Google CDN for jQuery, because it is more widespread and a bigger chance that it has been cached in visitors browser.