Menu icon Foundation
Foundation Sass Partials

Hi,

I have two questions.

First, I would like to know why the "foundation.scss" file isn't written as "_foundation.scss". It's a partial because it is included in the "app.scss". So, why it doesn't start with the "_" prefix like the "_settings.scss" file?

Second, as I've seen I can customize the compiled CSS by modifying some variables in the "_settings.scss" file. So, if I modify some specific variables (e.g. $include-html-tooltip-classes = false), the resulting CSS could be limited to my custom styles. Is there any difference if instead of doing what I just described to commenting out the components that I don't want to include in my page (from the foundation.scss file)?

Thank you!

SassPartials

Hi,

I have two questions.

First, I would like to know why the "foundation.scss" file isn't written as "_foundation.scss". It's a partial because it is included in the "app.scss". So, why it doesn't start with the "_" prefix like the "_settings.scss" file?

Second, as I've seen I can customize the compiled CSS by modifying some variables in the "_settings.scss" file. So, if I modify some specific variables (e.g. $include-html-tooltip-classes = false), the resulting CSS could be limited to my custom styles. Is there any difference if instead of doing what I just described to commenting out the components that I don't want to include in my page (from the foundation.scss file)?

Thank you!

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

We compile the file file standalone so it makes sense that it is not a partial in some cases.

On the second question, there is a way to use the setting, but with the mixin and only your custom classes.

For example:
$include-html-type-classes:false;

Would not import the Foundation classes.

If you uncomment the entire component, the mixins won't be usable.

Fan almost 5 years ago

Great! Thanks a lot!