Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5 Sass problem with creating a new project

Hi,

I got a problem with creating a new problem with the Sass version of Foundation. I installed it as in the tutorial and I use the way with compass.
When I try to create a new project is is stuck at:
Installing dependencies with bower...
I run windows 10 dev preview but also tried it on windows 7.

Greetings
Max

Foundation 5Sassnew project

Hi,

I got a problem with creating a new problem with the Sass version of Foundation. I installed it as in the tutorial and I use the way with compass.
When I try to create a new project is is stuck at:
Installing dependencies with bower...
I run windows 10 dev preview but also tried it on windows 7.

Greetings
Max

Max Audron over 4 years ago

I Didn't used sudo and i also tryed it with grunt and libsass there its the same problem.

Tonybyte over 4 years ago

I am experiencing the same situation. I get stuck on "Installing dependencies with bower..."

I noticed at this point that the missing folder is the bower_components. When stuck on installing dependencies, I can cancel out and run "bower update" and the install finishes. Then i bundle and move on :/

I'm new to all this and don't understand versions, settings or anything advanced enough to troubleshoot. I've been googling and find some info about only using ruby or node older versions and something about an incompatible unzip version.

Did you find a solution?

Kris Livingstone over 4 years ago

TonyByte sent me here from a dupe thread discussing this issue.

It seems that using a v0.10.* version of node.js works. I had the same issue with v0.12.*

I'm using:
rubyinstaller-1.9.3-p484.exe
node-v0.10.22-x64.msi

Win7

Tonybyte over 4 years ago

This worked for me as well. http://blog.nodejs.org/2013/11/12/node-v0-10-22-stable/

On a side note, I would have loved to get node manager for windows working but it kept telling me that 0.10.22 was only available in 32 bit. https://github.com/coreybutler/nvm-windows

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation Kris. I had read something about trying an older version of node and have been sidetracked trying other things.

Finally, I seem all set. :)