Menu icon Foundation
What if I really want to use my own menu system or incorporate Jquery into yours

I am coming from a weird odd world in Joomla. I know too many extensions and plugins and organizational benefits to just leave it cold. With that said there is a solution by a guy to does this foundation project for Foundation. I am going to give it a go.

Most everything I love from Foundation I read over but I am not too sure on one of the main aspects which is the menu. Does your menu allow for easy "mega menu's?"

If not I currently use a menu solution and wanted to know if it would be easy to incorporate your menu or would I be forced to do another solution to get it integrated correctly with the site?

joomla

I am coming from a weird odd world in Joomla. I know too many extensions and plugins and organizational benefits to just leave it cold. With that said there is a solution by a guy to does this foundation project for Foundation. I am going to give it a go.

Most everything I love from Foundation I read over but I am not too sure on one of the main aspects which is the menu. Does your menu allow for easy "mega menu's?"

If not I currently use a menu solution and wanted to know if it would be easy to incorporate your menu or would I be forced to do another solution to get it integrated correctly with the site?

Brandon Arnold almost 6 years ago

Foundation is just that, a Foundation to your project. We expect you to add on top and use other plugins or code bits, to make the site truly yours.

With that said, things to keep in mind with adding things is making sure they will work in a responsive environment. If your current mega menu isn't responsive, then Foundation won't do a whole lot to fix that.

Christian Matthias almost 6 years ago

Thank you... That is reassuring. It is JetMenu... http://webpulse.com.br/jet/index.html

I really really like your menu but I have to say I think JetMenu is better for the "main menu"

Maybe I am missing it but do you do a megamenu class to call with a grid system? The side nav looks awesome but I really need a mega menu.

Trying to plan my attack.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

Topbar was made a during the Foundation 3 release. It is a great solution for what it is made for, simple drop down navigation menus with a mobile view.

We do not have a mega-menu class. The Jet menu looks pretty cool other than having to pay for it.

Marc McGee over 5 years ago

At first I found the Foundation menu a bit intimidating to customize and integrate into MODx sites, plus I was more familiar with a lot of the Project Seven widgets and menus, so have a couple of sites where I have successfully integrated the Project Seven responsive menus. It's certainly possible. Sometimes it's OK to go with what you know.

Christian Matthias over 5 years ago

I just feel the menu from Foundation should be a core rock of what is possible for the site. It is handled by everything the user sees. it is the first thing the user sees.

Samuel Kelemen over 5 years ago

You could definitely build your own responsive menu using foundation.

@Samuel Kelemen? what do you mean... responsive is not the issue is is usability. The responsiveness in Foundation is Awesome.

Samuel Kelemen over 5 years ago

If you wanted to you could use foundation elements and custom javascript to create more complex menus.
But the main reason I like foundation is avoiding javascript, and a lot of css.

Let me clear up what I was trying to say... but didn't. I use Joomla and WP and I want to be able to apply modules into the menu if needed i.e. name and email address or any other module that I might want to employ into my nav system.

currently the way Foundation has the menu setup it is very difficult to do that.