Menu icon Foundation
Using The Foundation-Apps Grid in Sites

Dont know if anyone will know the answer to this but ive been using Foundation for sites in in a php framework im developing that revolves around foundation rather than merging foundation into an existing one such as workpress etc . . .

Took a look at Foundation for apps and love the grid but as its built on angular which wont do me much good in an HMVC or MVC framework in php feel like im loosing out.

Ive replicated page transistions using this https://github.com/blivesta/animsition and loads of jquery but its just not the same.

Does anyone know how i can go about merging the scss for the grid into foundation for sites and ofcourse motionUI ?

Can I just download a copy build it as an angular project and then steall the scss and patch in the jquery calls into myown script ?

Any comments of suggestions welcome just please dont be an ass bout it if ive missed something

sitesappsgridangularPHPmvc

Dont know if anyone will know the answer to this but ive been using Foundation for sites in in a php framework im developing that revolves around foundation rather than merging foundation into an existing one such as workpress etc . . .

Took a look at Foundation for apps and love the grid but as its built on angular which wont do me much good in an HMVC or MVC framework in php feel like im loosing out.

Ive replicated page transistions using this https://github.com/blivesta/animsition and loads of jquery but its just not the same.

Does anyone know how i can go about merging the scss for the grid into foundation for sites and ofcourse motionUI ?

Can I just download a copy build it as an angular project and then steall the scss and patch in the jquery calls into myown script ?

Any comments of suggestions welcome just please dont be an ass bout it if ive missed something

Jason Demitri over 4 years ago

Well after some thought research and reading thousands of lines of foundations code for apps and site I can confirm that there are parts you can merge but sfome parts that have to be either replicated or rewritten

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

Just a heads up on this, It's on our roadmap for the next version of Sites to have an optional flexbox grid as well as the Motion UI library. We are projecting to have this out in the next few months.

We've talked about this here at ZURB and agree it would be easier for you to use Foundation for Apps, without the Angular part, and use Foundation Sites components. Most, if not all components. should fit fine.

Mister J over 4 years ago

Rafi - is there a SCSS file of just the F4A grid in a repo somewhere?

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

There isn't one right now. We didn't create Foundation for App with site layouts in mind. So we will be rolling an optional flexbox version for Sites. You're welcome to separate the apps grid out now and try it out.

Thank you for the replies dont know if you got the wrong end of the stick but ive almost achieved what i was after
Ive taken most of the scss from foundation for apps like the flexbox grid and merged them with foundation for sites resulting in my remixed version . .
I removed the old grid and put the one from apps in and done other things now ive got to the jquery code and as it relys on angular.js and im not experienced in it I dont know how to procced

ive included angular

then foundation.core.js

then for example notification.js

having read up here >> http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/docs/#!/angular-modules maybe being nieve I thought i could include a js sheet with its dependencies as stated and then use the function but for some reason im having no luck.

Any ideas am i missing the idea of what angular does for foundation for apps ??

What ive got so far here ---> https://github.com/jjdemitriUk/foundationRemix

And please excuse me if i sound vaige or stupid im more experienced with sass css html5 php and basic jquery not angular or anything like this and the reason im doing all of this is for a php project I want to be able to fully template from php end it also does the mvc side of things etc

And another note before reading the above I worked from foundation for sites as it didnt include angular compiled a local version of foundation for sites then just removed and replaced elements from apps into sites