Menu icon Foundation
Ink framework feature support matrix?

Hi,

is there any list of what platforms support what Ink features?

for example there's a lot of inline code being added for hyphens/moz-hyphens/webkit-hyphens throughout my code but I don't know what devices/client it affects to work out whether the filesize tradeoff is worth including the feature.

thanks
J

inkfeaturesinliner

Hi,

is there any list of what platforms support what Ink features?

for example there's a lot of inline code being added for hyphens/moz-hyphens/webkit-hyphens throughout my code but I don't know what devices/client it affects to work out whether the filesize tradeoff is worth including the feature.

thanks
J

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Ink works with the major email clients. Not sure about Matrix. If you go here and click on supported clients http://zurb.com/ink/docs.php you will see the full list.

Eric Morris almost 6 years ago

Underneath each feature in the docs there's a support table, but no overall matrix.

The hyphen code is to keep your line-lengths from becoming really short, since columns in emails tend to be skinnier than web designs and can get some weird line-breaks when you use long words. You can probably remove it without too many problems, and it should be easy to test for consequences (since it's a size thing, rather than a platform thing).