Menu icon Foundation
Foundation for Apps w/ AngularJS

I'm trying to figure out exactly how foundation for apps works with angular. I understand that many of the features are *built* with angular, but does it intend to be a replacement for angular or to work alongside it? I.e. am I able to write my own Angular app (w/directives,modules, etc) and integrate it with Foundation for Apps' feature set, or do I have to use Foundation for Apps from the start?

angularFoundation

I'm trying to figure out exactly how foundation for apps works with angular. I understand that many of the features are *built* with angular, but does it intend to be a replacement for angular or to work alongside it? I.e. am I able to write my own Angular app (w/directives,modules, etc) and integrate it with Foundation for Apps' feature set, or do I have to use Foundation for Apps from the start?

Jeanie Chung over 4 years ago

Hey Jon-

Foundation for Apps is not out to replace AngularJS but rather integrate it into our frameworks to make it easier for developers to create out-of-the-box elements.

You are completely free to write your own directives, modules, controllers, and views and plop it into a Foundation for Apps project when you're ready!

Jeanie

Russell over 3 years ago

Jeanie,

Just to be totally clear, instead of doing as you suggested, can you do it the other way around as well?

"You are completely free to write your own directives, modules, controllers, and views and plop it into a Foundation for Apps project when you're ready!"

Can you do:

• Write your own Angular app, with directives, modules, controllers, and views
  • and then plop Foundation for Sites into this?

Or if you cant, then can you explain how to stick your own structured views and controllers etc into a Foundations for Apps project, as F4A uses its own routing controlled from the HTML view files.

If you can explain this, that would be very useful, and will be the difference between us doing it right, or wasting several days trying myself trying and failing, and then having to abandon hopes for being able to use Foundation.