Menu icon Foundation
Any way to alter height of top bar dropdown items independently?

Sorry guys for what might look like a double post - but not able to add to my existing feed for some reason :-(

Still struggling to get independent control of top-bar dropdown heights. I've just made a topbar 70px in height and want the dropdowns to be a sensible height and not take the top-bar dimension as a lead. Not sure where to look. Have tried every scss setting and css override I can think of but still stuck...

Running 5.5 for sites.

Many thanks

Sorry guys for what might look like a double post - but not able to add to my existing feed for some reason :-(

Still struggling to get independent control of top-bar dropdown heights. I've just made a topbar 70px in height and want the dropdowns to be a sensible height and not take the top-bar dimension as a lead. Not sure where to look. Have tried every scss setting and css override I can think of but still stuck...

Running 5.5 for sites.

Many thanks

topbardropdownsites

Running 5.5 for sites.

Many thanks

Running 5.5 for sites.

Many thanks

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

I saw your other post but deleted it in favor of this one so there are no duplicates.

There is no variable for top-bar <li> height.

The Sass mixin includes this style on line 413 of top-bar.scss which sets the <li> to height auto. This means the link padding must be creating the height, which is controlled by top-bar height.

li {
          width: 100%;
          height: auto;

a {
            font-weight: $topbar-dropdown-link-weight;
            padding: 8px $topbar-link-padding;
            &.parent-link {
              font-weight: $topbar-link-weight;
            }
          }

You will have better luck probably changing the CSS on this one:

.top-bar-section .dropdown li {
  height: 1rem;
}

PhilW over 4 years ago

Thanks Rafi,

Almost there... That reduces the dropdown li height but my hovers in that dropdown are now off...

If you've got a minute...

http://goo.gl/HaIb6v

The "Services" menu is the one with the dropdown

I actually made the li height 45 like a standard top-bar.

Cheers

PhilW over 4 years ago

So I've fixed it now...

Needed to override the line-height too which was still inheriting the 70px.

Used these in the end:

ul.dropdown li {
    height: rem-calc(45);
}

ul.dropdown li a {
  height: rem-calc(45);
  line-height: rem-calc(45) !important;
}

PhilW over 4 years ago

Just a disappearing mobile second level menu to fix now... :-)

It just zooms off to the left never to be seen again!

PhilW over 4 years ago

Fixed my disappearing menu....

It was my hack to left align dropdown menu on right aligned topbar section...

.top-bar-section ul.right li .dropdown {
  left: 0; right: auto;
  }

Stuffed it into a media query instead and all good :-)