Menu icon Foundation
Folder for CSS = STYLESHEETS or CSS ?

Hi all ... First post, first question. Foundation 5 looks like a really great way way to build mobile friendly website templates. So giving that a whirl right now using the setup advice on the "Getting Started With Sass" page : http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html

That page explains that there are 2 ways of "Compiling Sass into CSS".
(1) Creating a Compass Project.
(2) Creating a Libsass Project

Tried both methods and all good. Except for some reason we end up getting the final "app.css" file saved into a different folder ?!?

(1) Compass Watch puts "app.css" into a folder named "stylesheets".
(2) Libsass Grunt puts "app.css" into a folder named "css".

Personally I would like to use "css" as the default folder name when using Compass Watch.

So the question is : How can I make Compass Watch compile "app.css" into the "css" folder ?

Any answer very much appreciated.

cssstylesheets

Hi all ... First post, first question. Foundation 5 looks like a really great way way to build mobile friendly website templates. So giving that a whirl right now using the setup advice on the "Getting Started With Sass" page : http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html

That page explains that there are 2 ways of "Compiling Sass into CSS".
(1) Creating a Compass Project.
(2) Creating a Libsass Project

Tried both methods and all good. Except for some reason we end up getting the final "app.css" file saved into a different folder ?!?

(1) Compass Watch puts "app.css" into a folder named "stylesheets".
(2) Libsass Grunt puts "app.css" into a folder named "css".

Personally I would like to use "css" as the default folder name when using Compass Watch.

So the question is : How can I make Compass Watch compile "app.css" into the "css" folder ?

Any answer very much appreciated.

Gary, IT ZAP Website Design almost 5 years ago

Figured it out, sort of ...

After creating a new Foundation project using Compass Watch, open file in project root folder named "config.rb" and change this line :
css_dir = "stylesheets"
to
css_dir = "css"

But must do that for every new project.

Wouldn't it be better if the CSS folder location was identical, regardless whether you created new Foundation project using Compass Watch or Libsass ?

Guillermo Croppi almost 5 years ago

Well yea..

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

You're right, they are named slightly different. We added Libsass support after Compass and it was because we were using Libsass internally and the template is our internal one. You can change the name as you found out.