Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5.5 & Sass 3.4 - Compass warning

"bundle exec compass watch" results in the following warning:

"You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation. This version causes CSS classes to output incorrectly, so we recommend using Sass 3.3 or 3.2.
To use the right version of Sass on this project, run "bundle" and then use "bundle exec compass watch" to compile Foundation."

Have read that Foundation 5.5 supports Sass 3.4, so is this a warning I can ignore?

foundation 5.5sass 3.4compass warning

"bundle exec compass watch" results in the following warning:

"You're using Sass 3.4 or higher to compile Foundation. This version causes CSS classes to output incorrectly, so we recommend using Sass 3.3 or 3.2.
To use the right version of Sass on this project, run "bundle" and then use "bundle exec compass watch" to compile Foundation."

Have read that Foundation 5.5 supports Sass 3.4, so is this a warning I can ignore?

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

That's an old warning, you can ignore it. We just updated the CLI to remove the warning and will deploy that change Monday. Foundation is now Sass 3.4.9 compatible.

Jerry Nettik almost 5 years ago

FYI: I just installed the Foundation package via Scss today (1/3/2015) - and created my first Compass project with bundle. When I ran the command: bundle exec compass watch - I still get the Sass warning as described above. I will ignore and continue, but I just wanted you to know that the warning is still coming up.

António Rodrigues almost 5 years ago

Just updated my current Project (with foundation update), but i still get this error message also.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

We just removed it today, thanks! It is a warning not an error.

Geoff Towle over 3 years ago

I just updated from 5.5.2 to 5.5.3 and this warning still appears.