Menu icon Foundation
Foundation for apps + VS 2013

Hello guys!

With the latests updates made by Microsoft it is now possible, in Visual Studio 2013, to setup an Apache Cordova App and deploy it to any device (ios, android, windows phone).

Is there any way to easily install F4A in a Visual Studio 2013 Cordova project?

Via Nuget maybe?

Or do I have to manually download and drop the files in the project?

Thank you.

Foundationappsvisual studioAngularJSnuget

Hello guys!

With the latests updates made by Microsoft it is now possible, in Visual Studio 2013, to setup an Apache Cordova App and deploy it to any device (ios, android, windows phone).

Is there any way to easily install F4A in a Visual Studio 2013 Cordova project?

Via Nuget maybe?

Or do I have to manually download and drop the files in the project?

Thank you.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

There is a .net and Nuget package available here https://github.com/Dillie-O/z4a-dotnet-scaffold

hsantos almost 5 years ago

Thank's Rafe for point that out, but it fails when I try to install at line: "Adding 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.Client 5.2.2'".
Maybe because it's a cordova project and not a true .net project.

I'm struggling to make this work!

If I'm using Visual Studio with Web Essencials plugin on a Cordova project do I really need all the stuff mentioned on this page:http://foundation.zurb.com/apps/docs/#!/ ?

In a manual install what folders should I put in my project?

I just want a clean and nice organized project with the minimum frameworks and dependencies involved.
At this point it lokks like a have to merge two diferent projects that do the same thing...

Sorry if I'm sounding a little bit "noob" but I not used to this kind of projects/dev.

Hans McMurdy almost 5 years ago

Keep in mind that F4A isn't really optimized for native/hybrid web apps (yet?). Namely if you are planning to port over to android you may have problems with android 2 which still has a fairly large market share...

hsantos almost 5 years ago

Uhhh... Do you mean I should stick with with something else like Ionic for apps and F4A for web apps?