Menu icon Foundation
npm start errors

When trying to run `foundation-apps watch` or `npm start` I get an error from gulp-ruby-sass:

The console output is in the code section (below?). The process seems to get past the error and goes on to say "Successfully Built", but I don't see any other indication that the server is running, etc...

I've checked and double-checked that I installed everything correctly. I have a current version of bundler, ruby, npm, node, etc. I've checked permissions on the folder Ruby is installed in and made sure it is not read-only.

I'm on Windows 7 in the Git Bash shell (it also fails in PowerShell and vanilla command shell)

[16:20:31] gulp-ruby-sass: Unfortunately, a fatal error has occurred. Please see the Bundler
troubleshooting documentation at http://bit.ly/bundler-issues. Thanks!
[16:20:31] gulp-ruby-sass: stderr: C:/PortableApps/Ruby193/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubyge
ms/user_interaction.rb:687:in `initialize': Permission denied - /dev/null (Errno::EACCES)

rubybundler

When trying to run `foundation-apps watch` or `npm start` I get an error from gulp-ruby-sass:

The console output is in the code section (below?). The process seems to get past the error and goes on to say "Successfully Built", but I don't see any other indication that the server is running, etc...

I've checked and double-checked that I installed everything correctly. I have a current version of bundler, ruby, npm, node, etc. I've checked permissions on the folder Ruby is installed in and made sure it is not read-only.

I'm on Windows 7 in the Git Bash shell (it also fails in PowerShell and vanilla command shell)

[16:20:31] gulp-ruby-sass: Unfortunately, a fatal error has occurred. Please see the Bundler
troubleshooting documentation at http://bit.ly/bundler-issues. Thanks!
[16:20:31] gulp-ruby-sass: stderr: C:/PortableApps/Ruby193/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubyge
ms/user_interaction.rb:687:in `initialize': Permission denied - /dev/null (Errno::EACCES)
Jay Clark almost 5 years ago

I checked to see if my Windows machine had C:\dev\null, and it did. It was filled with content from last month (I don't know which app was putting content there).

The solution appears to be, delete the folder C:\dev\null (leave the dev folder). Re-running npm start gives no more error messages.