Menu icon Foundation
Install Foundation for Apps project not working on Linux Ubunto 13.04

The versions of software I have installed ok do not let me create a foundation project. I checked versions are installed for nodejs, npm and bundler they installed without problems. Also, I ran a simple nodejs test script and no problems. Again, when I execute the command nothing works: foundation-apps new myApp, including adding sudo command. Maybe wrong version somewhere? Other software required?

OUTPUT:

dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ nodejs -v
v0.10.25
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ npm -v
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ bundler -v
Bundler version 1.7.8
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ nodejs test.js
hello

dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ foundation-apps new myApp
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$

installfoundation for apps

The versions of software I have installed ok do not let me create a foundation project. I checked versions are installed for nodejs, npm and bundler they installed without problems. Also, I ran a simple nodejs test script and no problems. Again, when I execute the command nothing works: foundation-apps new myApp, including adding sudo command. Maybe wrong version somewhere? Other software required?

OUTPUT:

dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ nodejs -v
v0.10.25
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ npm -v
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ bundler -v
Bundler version 1.7.8
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ nodejs test.js
hello

dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$ foundation-apps new myApp
dwisniew@dwisniew-Latitude-E6520:~/Desktop$

Antonin Januska over 4 years ago

I've had a similar issue whenever the folder myApp already existed. If the process failed, it'd leave behind a myApp folder and re-trying would make the process fail silently.

Can you try to see if that happened? Also, try to remove and reinstall foundation-cli, there have been numerous fixes on the platform in the past month. See if that helps

I'm running 14.10 and it works but I'll spin up a VM with 13.04 to troubleshoot further if the above advice doesn't help.