Menu icon Foundation
[abide]How do I draw out password stored in mysql?

hi,
I am currently working on a password which is stored inside mysql. How do I validate it and throw an error if the password validated is wrong when compared?

I keep getting an error when I removed the "error" class to test if I am able to use without any validation.

<form action="signin.php" method="post" data-abide>
    			  <div class="name-field">
				    <label>Username <small>required</small></label>
				    <input type="text" required pattern="^[a-zA-Z0-9]{6,}$" name="user" placeholder="Username here..." />
				    <small class="error">Name is required and must be alphanumeric with at least 6 characters.</small>
				  </div>
				  <div class="password-field">
				    <label>Password <small>required</small></label>
				    <input type="password" name="password" placeholder="Password here..." />
				    <!-- <small class="error">The password must be at least 7 characters long.</small> -->
				  </div>
				  <input type="submit" class="button" value="Sign In" />
				</form>

Screen shot 2014 02 07 at 2.28.34 pm

abidevalidation

hi,
I am currently working on a password which is stored inside mysql. How do I validate it and throw an error if the password validated is wrong when compared?

I keep getting an error when I removed the "error" class to test if I am able to use without any validation.

<form action="signin.php" method="post" data-abide>
    			  <div class="name-field">
				    <label>Username <small>required</small></label>
				    <input type="text" required pattern="^[a-zA-Z0-9]{6,}$" name="user" placeholder="Username here..." />
				    <small class="error">Name is required and must be alphanumeric with at least 6 characters.</small>
				  </div>
				  <div class="password-field">
				    <label>Password <small>required</small></label>
				    <input type="password" name="password" placeholder="Password here..." />
				    <!-- <small class="error">The password must be at least 7 characters long.</small> -->
				  </div>
				  <input type="submit" class="button" value="Sign In" />
				</form>

Screen shot 2014 02 07 at 2.28.34 pm
K Lim over 5 years ago

Hmm...

Are you declaring your form as data-abide="ajax"?

What I would do:
a) declare your form with data-abide="ajax".
b) handle the submit event yourself with javascript.
c) in your javascript handling code, make an ajax call to your mysql db to authenticate the password entered.

hope that helps.

Donovan Ng over 5 years ago

I don't think you understood the issue I am facing currently. Let me re-explain with a picture.

Scenario: The password is stored inside mysql. I would like to have the password-field checking with mysql database. Is it possible with data-abide feature?

As the picture shows, it keeps throwing an error even when I typed in the correct password. Does this mean 'data-abide' does not respond with database at all? I am not clear on this part.

Could anyone guide me? thanks.