Menu icon Foundation
Can't I Pass In Parameters To A Reveal Modal When Opened? Pretty Please?

I looked at the docs on the Reveal modal and it states: "Reveal options can only be passed in during initialization at this time. However, you can bind to the open, opened, close, and closed events." But I'm hoping this has been changed in a more recent revision? Maybe there's a back-door way of passing in parameters to Reveal when calling open on it?

Basically, I just want to change the animation type and speed when opening a Reveal modal if a modal is already open. So, If a user clicks on a button to open a fresh modal, I want it to open with default animation. If the user clicks on another button while that modal is open, I don't want the modal to animate again; I just want it to appear in-place where the previous modal was to make for a seamless transition.

My research shows that the original Reveal plugin allowed parameters to be passed in upon opening, before it was added to Foundation. Why was this capability changed???

Thanks for any help!

//Ideal code would look similar to:
jQuery('#modal1').foundation('reveal', 'open', {
     animation: 'none',
     animationspeed: 0,
     closeonbackgroundclick: true,
     dismissmodalclass: 'close-reveal-modal'
});         

reveal modal

I looked at the docs on the Reveal modal and it states: "Reveal options can only be passed in during initialization at this time. However, you can bind to the open, opened, close, and closed events." But I'm hoping this has been changed in a more recent revision? Maybe there's a back-door way of passing in parameters to Reveal when calling open on it?

Basically, I just want to change the animation type and speed when opening a Reveal modal if a modal is already open. So, If a user clicks on a button to open a fresh modal, I want it to open with default animation. If the user clicks on another button while that modal is open, I don't want the modal to animate again; I just want it to appear in-place where the previous modal was to make for a seamless transition.

My research shows that the original Reveal plugin allowed parameters to be passed in upon opening, before it was added to Foundation. Why was this capability changed???

Thanks for any help!

//Ideal code would look similar to:
jQuery('#modal1').foundation('reveal', 'open', {
     animation: 'none',
     animationspeed: 0,
     closeonbackgroundclick: true,
     dismissmodalclass: 'close-reveal-modal'
});