Menu icon Foundation
Slick slider, Top-Bar dropdowns, and IE

When we have dropdowns in a topbar nav that is just above a Slick Slider, and a site visitor is using Internet Explorer 9 or earlier (had no way to test on 10, ok on 11), the dropdowns are obscured by the slider.

Any fix for this?

Screenshot 2014 11 18 14.56.51

Slick Slidertop-bar

When we have dropdowns in a topbar nav that is just above a Slick Slider, and a site visitor is using Internet Explorer 9 or earlier (had no way to test on 10, ok on 11), the dropdowns are obscured by the slider.

Any fix for this?

Screenshot 2014 11 18 14.56.51
Thomas E. Vasquez about 5 years ago

I believe you may need to adjust the z-index of either the menu or the slider. Seems the slider has a higher z-index, try that.

Bill Sholar about 5 years ago

Thanks -- tried that in what seemed to be the obvious places, no luck.

Rafi Benkual about 5 years ago

Can we see a link or the code to help more?

You can see it at http://headsupsprinkler.tmpweb.com/ -- the dropdown is fine on most browsers, but at least on IE9 and earlier it is hidden by the slider.

Just downloaded a newer version of the slick code -- no help... :(

Subrata Barik almost 5 years ago

Hi!,
Bill & Rafi,

I am facing the an issue with the slick slider. No doubt it is one of the best sliders i have used but this time..when integrating with a responsive website using bootstrap the navigation (menus) stopped working...i mean to say they are no more clickable...i dnt know what happened...but before integrating "Slick" everything was perfectly working...

Pls help...

You guys can also contact with via mail [email protected]

Subrata

Darryl Gilbert over 4 years ago

Try setting the z-index for .top-bar to 999. I think Slick Slider uses a z-index of 800. This fixed the IE 9 issue for me.