Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5 compile with sass file

Hi everyone.
I've been using Foundation 4 for about year and a half and I really appreciate your work.

I used Foundation with compass, but decided to use LibSass now, because the compass compilation is really slow even with SSD and powerful processor. I didn't want to switch to the newest version for a long time, because I was quite worried with the new stuff like bower, grunt, etc, but it seems to be ok and useful.

But my problem is, that I’m not able to force the foundation to compile into SASS files. They still do everything in SCSS. I don’t care about the core, I’m talking about my files and folders.

Where could I set the file type to SASS? In compass it’s easy in config file, but here I don’t know.
I can’t even Image to work with SCSS. SASS is too much easier for writing and reading as well.

Thanks for you answer.
(Sorry for my English, I’m from Czech Republic. Your fans are everywhere ;-). )

Sasscompilationfile structurelibsassinstall

Hi everyone.
I've been using Foundation 4 for about year and a half and I really appreciate your work.

I used Foundation with compass, but decided to use LibSass now, because the compass compilation is really slow even with SSD and powerful processor. I didn't want to switch to the newest version for a long time, because I was quite worried with the new stuff like bower, grunt, etc, but it seems to be ok and useful.

But my problem is, that I’m not able to force the foundation to compile into SASS files. They still do everything in SCSS. I don’t care about the core, I’m talking about my files and folders.

Where could I set the file type to SASS? In compass it’s easy in config file, but here I don’t know.
I can’t even Image to work with SCSS. SASS is too much easier for writing and reading as well.

Thanks for you answer.
(Sorry for my English, I’m from Czech Republic. Your fans are everywhere ;-). )

Ondřej Vašíček almost 5 years ago

Really nobody knows?

banacan almost 5 years ago

I use CodeKit and it does the compiling of all assets automatically. I'm sorry I don't know the specific answer to your question, but I thought I'd tell you that CodeKit handles it all, easily.