Menu icon Foundation
Top bar dropdown not showing in Chrome

Hi guys,

I have implemented a fixed top bar (Foundation 5.4.7) that works fine in both Firefox and IE but in Chrome the behaviour is rather sketchy, sometimes the dropdown shows and sometimes it doesn't.

For instance the dropdown works great in Firefox (screenshot 1), but in Chrome it doesn't display at all (screenshot 2) , even though I can still click the non-displaying menu. Then if I scroll further down the page, still in Chrome, it suddenly works (screenshot 3).

Live code where the problem persists can be seen here: http://forecast.it

Has anybody experienced this or have an idea for what the problem could be?

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

topbartop-bartopbar

Hi guys,

I have implemented a fixed top bar (Foundation 5.4.7) that works fine in both Firefox and IE but in Chrome the behaviour is rather sketchy, sometimes the dropdown shows and sometimes it doesn't.

For instance the dropdown works great in Firefox (screenshot 1), but in Chrome it doesn't display at all (screenshot 2) , even though I can still click the non-displaying menu. Then if I scroll further down the page, still in Chrome, it suddenly works (screenshot 3).

Live code where the problem persists can be seen here: http://forecast.it

Has anybody experienced this or have an idea for what the problem could be?

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3
Vesa Särkelä over 3 years ago

How did you solve this?

Dennis Kayser over 3 years ago

Hmm, I don't remember now actually. But one thing to try is to not make the navigation sticky, if that's an option for you. Otherwise let me know and I'll try my best to help you. Are you on F5 still?

Yes I`am on F5.

I have sticky top-bar.

And no help for scrolling down.

All js are loaded correctly.

Caches cleaned (browser and CMS-system). Even tried without virus software.

Firefox and edge OK.

This seems very random error. Sometimes menu works on all browsers, sometimes not. It could be caching issue too.

Sometimes reloading page works, sometimes not.

Dennis Kayser over 3 years ago

Hmm, I'm still on F5 as well, but we don't have the sticky menu, so maybe try and disable that and see if it works. To narrow down the problem I mean.

Kimberly Broock almost 3 years ago

well yes F5 ))))