Menu icon Foundation
Improvements to INK - Foundation for Email

So I recently I forked foundation ink and I was wondering If I could get some feedback from the community and zurb (though i realize they are focusing on APPS and are not currently working on INK).

Questions to the Community:
1. What success/tips do you have for working with ink?
2. What challenges/issues have you had?

The branch I started is linked below. Feel free to take a look and give some feedback about if you feel this makes sense (or not) and whether or not you would find this useful.
https://github.com/HansUXdev/ink/tree/grunt

It adds a couple thing I feel people may find useful.
The first thing I did was break up the grunt tasks into more manageable sections.
Second, I added new tasks such as litmus testing (I'm not signed up so I cant test it), premailer (inliner), connect (for live-reload), imagemin and ftp to push assets.
Currently, deciding whether to use _config.yml or grunt config.

Things, I've been considering:
- Simple, lightweight version of animate.scss to really spice up emails that support css3.
- hbs templates to support different layouts and really reduce all those pesky .
- Advanced templates such video emails (which are very effective when used correctly) this would use a html5 and gmail fallback with a gif/external link.

inkemailtemplates

So I recently I forked foundation ink and I was wondering If I could get some feedback from the community and zurb (though i realize they are focusing on APPS and are not currently working on INK).

Questions to the Community:
1. What success/tips do you have for working with ink?
2. What challenges/issues have you had?

The branch I started is linked below. Feel free to take a look and give some feedback about if you feel this makes sense (or not) and whether or not you would find this useful.
https://github.com/HansUXdev/ink/tree/grunt

It adds a couple thing I feel people may find useful.
The first thing I did was break up the grunt tasks into more manageable sections.
Second, I added new tasks such as litmus testing (I'm not signed up so I cant test it), premailer (inliner), connect (for live-reload), imagemin and ftp to push assets.
Currently, deciding whether to use _config.yml or grunt config.

Things, I've been considering:
- Simple, lightweight version of animate.scss to really spice up emails that support css3.
- hbs templates to support different layouts and really reduce all those pesky .
- Advanced templates such video emails (which are very effective when used correctly) this would use a html5 and gmail fallback with a gif/external link.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Hey Hans,
Cool stuff! We are actually planning for updates to Ink in the near future. We'll check out what you did as falls in line with some of our thoughts. Great work!

Hans McMurdy almost 5 years ago

Hey Rafi, good to hear from you. I didn't think you guys were planning on updating ink just re-branding it. That's cool to hear. If you want some inspiration check this out:
https://litmus.com/blog/how-to-code-html5-video-background-in-email

It's the template I used when I emailed zurb awhile back. I originally tried to write it with ink but there were some issues implementing the full width rows and the header due to how ink styles tables,etc.