Menu icon Foundation
Broken Grid

I recently opened up a project I haven't been working on for several months. Not immediately, but not long after I got started, it appears that the foundation grid I customized was removed or broken.

The development environment was set up for me by a co-worker so I'm not sure how all of the components work. I realize this is not a lot of information to go off of, but is there an immediate/simple explanation for how this would happen?

gridcolumnscolumnSass

I recently opened up a project I haven't been working on for several months. Not immediately, but not long after I got started, it appears that the foundation grid I customized was removed or broken.

The development environment was set up for me by a co-worker so I'm not sure how all of the components work. I realize this is not a lot of information to go off of, but is there an immediate/simple explanation for how this would happen?

Nick W. almost 5 years ago

Possibly written in a different version of Foundation? I'm not sure if that would cause massive changes, but could be a viable possibility.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

If a CSS file path was changed that could do it.

Alex Hudson almost 5 years ago

CSS path hasn't been touched. I double-checked and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Since I'm using sass, my screen.scss file is (was) importing the foundation grid component, and as a result there is just a single style sheet (screen.css) that manages all styles. Everything seems fine except grid classes so that must not be the case.

I believe it was Foundation 4 when I started the project. Could there be a live connection that has created a conflict with Foundation 5 being the newest release?

Keeley Tarter almost 5 years ago

Not sure if this will fix for anyone else, but I figured it out on my end.

Before, in my columns classes, I had typed out the number of columns I wanted for the device (i.e. "large-four". When I changed this to div class="small-12 medium-8 large-4 columns" everything got better. I also downloaded the most recent Foundation 5 CSS file and updated what I had on my site. Problem solved!