Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5, showing horribly wrong with the IE11

I have been working on a site and until this point I haven't tested it on IE. But when I opened in IE11, everything is horribly broken.

Top nav menu, and the grid, just everything. Am I missing something?

Please help.

Screen shot 2014 10 15 at 10.37.17 am

Capture

IE

I have been working on a site and until this point I haven't tested it on IE. But when I opened in IE11, everything is horribly broken.

Top nav menu, and the grid, just everything. Am I missing something?

Please help.

Screen shot 2014 10 15 at 10.37.17 am

Capture
Katie almost 5 years ago

Are your windows both the same size, because it looks like your IE11 version is using the SMALL version of the site and the Mac version looks like a desktop version.

The switching from one to the other is controlled by the width of the viewport.

IE11 has been working well for me, and I do all my development and testing with IE11.

The other thing to check, is that you haven't used vendor prefixes with your SCSS and omitted the standard versions, which IE11 will use.

It is hard to say any more without access to the site.

Do you have a URL I could try?

Ganbaa almost 5 years ago

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to host it somewhere where you can access it shortly.

In IE, no matter what the screen size is, it renders the same, seems like the media querry and the grid is completely not working in IE. Very weird.

It is my bad that I haven't started testing it on IE as I didn't have access to it.

Something is going horribly wrong.

Hey Katie,

Ok, it is very interesting.

Upon hosting it in an actual webserver, everything rendered correctly except one little dropdown icon messed up, but everything is good to go.

The one I tested initially on IE was from local environment where one of my network guy setup that environment to internally serve the directory, which had some weird issue with the IE.

But everything is good now. Thanks for checking into my issue, appreciate your help.

http://kopykatetc.com/ganbaa/beta/ - Link to hosted beta site

well I found it was somehow the issue with the local server in the building we have. When uploaded to a live server, there was no issue.

Thanks for your help. :)

Aarón Cárdenas González about 4 years ago

IE11 have a default setting to render all intranet sites like IE7. I suppose Microsoft is trying to force developers to build sites that support his old browsers. You can change that like is explained in:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22842463/how-to-set-ie11-default-emulating-core

If you are testing your page locally or on the intranet, you have to change your Compatibility view settings. These can be found in:

"Tools" (Alt+T) -> "Compatibility View Settings" -> And uncheck "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View"