Menu icon Foundation
Trouble installing foundation 5

Hi, I've followed the instructions here: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html after a lot of tinkering, I managed to install compass, and bower and (presumably) foundation.

When I create a project using

foundation new MY_PROJECT

it creates the project, but it seems to be an older version of foundation. I've tried running an update, and it looked like things updated to 5, but the index.html file it creates is most definitely not using foundation 5.

This is my intro to zurb foundation and SASS as a whole. So far it has been a really frustrating experience.
None of the sites I've found have a good explanation of how to get started. I even tried using the compass app, but it will only create foundation 4 projects.

Any help would be appreciated.

install

Hi, I've followed the instructions here: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass.html after a lot of tinkering, I managed to install compass, and bower and (presumably) foundation.

When I create a project using

foundation new MY_PROJECT

it creates the project, but it seems to be an older version of foundation. I've tried running an update, and it looked like things updated to 5, but the index.html file it creates is most definitely not using foundation 5.

This is my intro to zurb foundation and SASS as a whole. So far it has been a really frustrating experience.
None of the sites I've found have a good explanation of how to get started. I even tried using the compass app, but it will only create foundation 4 projects.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

What is making you think its an old version?

Can you elaborate on what exactly is happening?

Patrick Turner almost 6 years ago

When I create a new project it makes an index.html with some basic elements.
The styles and classes are not the new ones from foundation 5.

Looking at the scss it doesn't look like any of the new stuff is in there.

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Can you list the commands you ran?

Also this video was helpful for me: http://foundation.zurb.com/learn/video-started-with-foundation.html

Chris Matthias almost 6 years ago

Did you try running foundation update from your project folder? Also, you should definitely run bower update && bower install if you are having issues.

Did you try all this in a fresh project? It's possible that if you have an existing project and there's Gemfile file in there it could specifically be loading Foundation 4.

Patrick Turner almost 6 years ago

Thank you for your replies. I followed the directions in that video already... this is why I'm confused.
Here's the run down, maybe one of you can spot something I missed.

I'm on windows 8.1, if that matters.

I installed git, ruby (1.9.3) and then NodeJS (I'm still not sure why I needed NodeJS)

I first installed compass with: gem install compass

Then I installed bower with: install -g bower grunt-cli (as is instructed on the above link)

Then: gem install foundation

I created a brand new project in an empty test folder

I used the command foundation new test-project

I even tried updating that new test project, but it didn't seem to change anything.