Menu icon Foundation
What language is Foundation Framework?

So I finished coding my website with the Foundation Framework and I decided to start looking into hosting it. Every website asked me what language I'll be using? They tell me to choose between PHP, MySQL, Perl, ASP, and so forth. What does this mean? How do I figure out what language I'm using? All I've done is use the HTML framework from this website.

languagePHPasphtmlhosting

So I finished coding my website with the Foundation Framework and I decided to start looking into hosting it. Every website asked me what language I'll be using? They tell me to choose between PHP, MySQL, Perl, ASP, and so forth. What does this mean? How do I figure out what language I'm using? All I've done is use the HTML framework from this website.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Those are "back-end" languages used to submit data, store data, perform functions etc. if you just have a basic static site then you dont need a that.

SP almost 5 years ago

What does static site mean? The website I created will be interactive with my readers. It has elements such as submission forms and links to other places. I have multiple pages in my website, like a contact page and FAQ and about us page.

Is there a language I can associate with Framework? I guess that's what I'm trying to ask.

Filemon Salas almost 5 years ago

Apparently this is your first site.

• A static website means that the content cannot be modified by the user, in other word the only way to modify or interact with the content is by having the developer modify and upload each page. This pages are usually made with plain HTML and CSS

• Languages such as PHP, Perl and ASP run in the server and are use to process requests made by the browser/user. For instance a contact form may use one of these languages to get the information from the form and send that information to an email, this is would be a website that has interaction and it's no longer a statics site.

I hope it makes sense.