Menu icon Foundation
Foundation + CMS

Hey,
I'm already working with foundation since half a year. And I have to say: Foundation is great!
But now I'll try to reach the next step: Develop a Website with Foundation which is integrated into a CMS.
The problem: I've no idea how it works :-D

At first: Which CMS can you recommend? Which is easy to use and (very important) easy to integrate into foundation?

I hope you can help me!

Greets.

cmsFoundationnewhelptutorial

Hey,
I'm already working with foundation since half a year. And I have to say: Foundation is great!
But now I'll try to reach the next step: Develop a Website with Foundation which is integrated into a CMS.
The problem: I've no idea how it works :-D

At first: Which CMS can you recommend? Which is easy to use and (very important) easy to integrate into foundation?

I hope you can help me!

Greets.

Austin Stewart almost 5 years ago

Wordpress is always a good option but any CMS would work. I normally build a site in Foundation and then import it into a blank Wordpress theme. This helps me create sites much faster since I'm skipping the upload process if I'm not developing locally.

If you want them together, a good option could be JointsWP which is a theme that uses Foundation 5:

http://jointswp.com/

Jonas Marlo Loerken almost 5 years ago

Thank you very much!

But I've no idea how to import a foundation site into a blank Wordpress theme.

Do you may have a nice tutorial for that? :-/

Adam Chlan almost 5 years ago

Jonas, it sounds like you have spent time learning Foundation, and you are comfortable in it. My recommendation would be to get comfortable in a CMS before even thinking about integrating Foundation into it. All CMSs have their own style and rules for templating. You'll want to have a decent grasp of this before trying to mix the two.

Like Austin said, WordPress is a popular option, and it's templating is pretty straight forward once you get to know it. You can also check out a theme like FoundationPress, which is a blank theme that is easy to skin.

Other CMSs that I have used Foundation with are ExpressionEngine and Craft CMS. They are both powerful and user friendly CMSs you may want to check out. Good luck!