Menu icon Foundation
Wordpress CMS tutorial

Hey,
about half a year ago I started wo work with foundation as a framework.
I already know how to design an develop websites with foundation. I want to continue my education:
I would like to introduce a CMS. I have chosen wordpress as my favorite CMS but I haven't any idea how I can develop a template. Does anyone know a helpful tutorial?

How can create a CMS website out of my "normal website" (without a CMS)?

Thank you!

cmstutorialhelptemplate

Hey,
about half a year ago I started wo work with foundation as a framework.
I already know how to design an develop websites with foundation. I want to continue my education:
I would like to introduce a CMS. I have chosen wordpress as my favorite CMS but I haven't any idea how I can develop a template. Does anyone know a helpful tutorial?

How can create a CMS website out of my "normal website" (without a CMS)?

Thank you!

Joey Zielinski almost 5 years ago

Hi Jonas,
Heres a quick tut that will get you started.
wpexplorer.com/create-wordpress-theme-html-1/
From experience turning Foundation into WP, you will also want to read up on how to properly use "wp_enqueue_script" and "wp_enqueue_style" to include your stylesheets and scripts with the functions file properly.

Denis Yudin almost 5 years ago

Hello, Jonas!

I can help you! I`ve done several wordpress themes based on Foundation. My first one was on Foundation 2 and it still works good - check it out - www.gas-forum.ru

Developing WordPress template is quite simple. First off all, You will need to know about WordPress templates hierarchy. Next step - You will need to know how to enqueue scripts and styles to WordPress theme. Next - You will need to read about WordPress navigation, menu, widgets, so on.

Feel free to write me Your questions - I`ll answer You as fast as possible and gonna show You my working examples.

Jonas Marlo Loerken almost 5 years ago

Thank you! I've a lot of questions, but i'll keep it short.

How do I start?

For example: I've a finished foundation website. How can I transform these in a wordpress template?