Menu icon Foundation
Clearing Up SCSS Confusion

I am trying to get a better understanding of SASS and implement it on a current project. So far I have been lazy and making manual changes in a custom css file. However, I want to make changes to the TABS that Foundation provides. I have read on here that a custom.scss file can be created. I basically just made a copy of _settings.scss and labeled it custom.scss (is this correct?) I would then @import that file in my app.scss file. I have the file living below the settings.scss file. I have opened the command line and navigated to me directory and initialized "compass watch"

MY QUESTION:
Whenever I make changes to custom.scss they do not appear on my screen. What am I missing? Also why are all of the JS features commented out in the app.scss file? When I uncomment I get an error in the CLI

scssimportcustomSassoverridenot working

I am trying to get a better understanding of SASS and implement it on a current project. So far I have been lazy and making manual changes in a custom css file. However, I want to make changes to the TABS that Foundation provides. I have read on here that a custom.scss file can be created. I basically just made a copy of _settings.scss and labeled it custom.scss (is this correct?) I would then @import that file in my app.scss file. I have the file living below the settings.scss file. I have opened the command line and navigated to me directory and initialized "compass watch"

MY QUESTION:
Whenever I make changes to custom.scss they do not appear on my screen. What am I missing? Also why are all of the JS features commented out in the app.scss file? When I uncomment I get an error in the CLI

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

The intended place to write custom css and Sass is in the app.scss file: https://www.notableapp.com/posts/55dcd12705989802993ebd0910a3e37398301233

There should not be any JS in your scss files.

The designated page is app.js or in your index file.

It's explained here: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass-files.html

ayezee over 5 years ago

I see. I don't know how I missed that link. Thanks.