Menu icon Foundation
Foundations & Overrides file doesnt have variables for icon-bar

I'm using the foundation gem for my rails app, whcih provides me with a file with all the variables that i can adjust to customize my design. I am attempting to use the icon-bar functionality and wanted to customize it, but none of the variables are present within this file. Despite this the icon bar works fine and looks exactly like the docs. Any recommendations on how i can customize the variables associated with the icon-bar? Do i need to import them or something?

Thanks for your help, in case you help (:

variables

I'm using the foundation gem for my rails app, whcih provides me with a file with all the variables that i can adjust to customize my design. I am attempting to use the icon-bar functionality and wanted to customize it, but none of the variables are present within this file. Despite this the icon bar works fine and looks exactly like the docs. Any recommendations on how i can customize the variables associated with the icon-bar? Do i need to import them or something?

Thanks for your help, in case you help (:

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Can you explain what you mean about the variables?

Here is the file https://github.com/zurb/foundation/blob/master/scss/foundation/components/_icon-bar.scss

What is missing in the rails version?

Michael LaRoy over 4 years ago

I'm using the Foundation 5 Drupal theme, and have experienced the same thing. the components/_icon-bar.scss file is there, but the master/overrides _settings.scss file (with ALL the variables) doesn't include anything for the icon-bar.

It looks like it's not being imported either from the _foundation.scss file which grabs all of the components. By adding "components/icon-bar" to this file, as well as adding the scss variables from the docs, it works once it's been recompiled.

Perhaps a similar solution is required for the rails app?