Menu icon Foundation
Core Scss files not updating

My .scss component files are not updating when running 'bower update' through the CLI in my project folder. I followed the Foundation docs and specified the version in bower.json. A bunch of other files like Modernizer, Jquery, etc update, but not my scss files. Maybe I'm missing something here? I thought all Foundation files were to update when updating with Bower?

Is the only way to update the /bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components .scss files to create a new project and copy them over manually?

Thanks

Screen shot 2014 08 24 at 12.35.11 pm

scssbowerSass

My .scss component files are not updating when running 'bower update' through the CLI in my project folder. I followed the Foundation docs and specified the version in bower.json. A bunch of other files like Modernizer, Jquery, etc update, but not my scss files. Maybe I'm missing something here? I thought all Foundation files were to update when updating with Bower?

Is the only way to update the /bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components .scss files to create a new project and copy them over manually?

Thanks

Screen shot 2014 08 24 at 12.35.11 pm

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Can you tell us what Compass Version you are running - run 'compass version' in command line.

Lance Padgett almost 5 years ago

Rafi - I'm running version 0.12.2. After checking, I updated both sass and compass to the newest versions.

Scott Rod almost 5 years ago

Lance, you say you're running .12.2, but updated both Sass and Compass to the newest versions—that sounds conflicting.

At least a few days ago, the newest Compass version is 1.0.1, not .12.2. This also upgrades Sass to version 3.4.x which has seemed to break Foundation.

If you are running Compass v1.x, look a little deeper in the forum. There are recent posts from others, like myself, with the same issue.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18630-scss-compiles-but-resulting-css-file-incomplete
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18624-foundation-5-and-compass-10

Lance Padgett almost 5 years ago

Scott - Thanks for your response. After Rafi's response, I checked and found I was running v 0.12.2. I then updated sass and compass right after, thinking that might help fix the problem.

I'm not experiencing an incomplete css file after the scss compiles (well, i guess indirectly I am), but rather I'm missing styling in the core /bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/ files. Specifically my _offcanvas.scss file has only 360 lines of code. But when I create a new project and look at _offcanvas.scss in that project, it has 507 lines of code. I suspect I'm missing more in other files, but haven't noticed yet.

Is there something else I should be doing to update the core .scss files of Foundation?

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

There is an issue with newer compass version http://zurb.us/1t6Ba1G. Rolling back for now will resolve.