Menu icon Foundation
Getting started, the CLI

I tried to use the CLI today. I usually just copy the sass files into my own project and off i go. thought i should do things properly this time. First I tried to use the foundation gem and compass watch.

It didn't work. The files compiled, but only some of foundations css was built. first line of the css was:

/* line 210, ../bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_icon-bar.scss */
.icon-bar.two-up .item {

most of the grid, js components etc. missing. I double & tripple checked but i've followed the instructions and things look right, except the output.

Next i tried to use the lib sass / grunt instructions. That worked much better, wow its fast - only issue with scss is the css is output to /css not /stylesheets as per the instructions.

W

gettingstarted

I tried to use the CLI today. I usually just copy the sass files into my own project and off i go. thought i should do things properly this time. First I tried to use the foundation gem and compass watch.

It didn't work. The files compiled, but only some of foundations css was built. first line of the css was:

/* line 210, ../bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_icon-bar.scss */
.icon-bar.two-up .item {

most of the grid, js components etc. missing. I double & tripple checked but i've followed the instructions and things look right, except the output.

Next i tried to use the lib sass / grunt instructions. That worked much better, wow its fast - only issue with scss is the css is output to /css not /stylesheets as per the instructions.

W

Burak USGURLU almost 5 years ago

Having the same problem.

Tom Hogan over 4 years ago
Will Barker over 4 years ago

i'm not.

I used this to create a folder with all this stuff inside a (fairly empty) WordPress theme folder. I have then been adding my own bits of sass to the app.scss file & settings.

On initialising a git repo for the theme, i notice that the foundation folder is a submodule.

oh no! submodules are the second most scary thing in git, after merging. : )

So i don't think i can make project specific changes to the sass in the submodule and be able to commit them in to my main repo.

I would like to make the submodule not a submodule, and include it in the main repo, would that break the bower update powers?

Whats the standard way to proceed? are the docs a bit lacking? or have i just bungled it up somewhere & now I'm off the path?

W

ps, this is all on OSX 10.9

Burak USGURLU over 4 years ago

Developing on Windows? Seriously?

https://github.com/zurb/foundation/issues/5636 fixed it for me.

nope. not even as a joke : )

this is on osx 10.9