Menu icon Foundation
Compass Errors

I'm running Compass 1.0.0.rc.1 along side Sass 3.3.14 because the pre version of Compass now supports sourcemaps. With Foundation 5.3.3 and I am receiving several depreciation errors. Anything I'm doing wrong?

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 238 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$default-float" by default is deprecated.
In future versions of Sass, this will create a new local variable.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$default-float: left !global" instead.
Note that this will be incompatible with Sass 3.2.

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 239 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$opposite-direction" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$opposite-direction: right !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING: The return value of index() will change from "false" to
"null" in future versions of Sass. For compatibility, avoid using "== false" on
the return value. For example, instead of "@if index(...) == false", just write
"@if not index(...)".
        on line  of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss, in `exports'
        from line 310 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss
        from line 5 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_block-grid.scss
        from line 21 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/scss/style.scss
DEPRECATION WARNING on line 13 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$modules" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$modules: append($modules, $name) !global" instead.

compassSasserrors

I'm running Compass 1.0.0.rc.1 along side Sass 3.3.14 because the pre version of Compass now supports sourcemaps. With Foundation 5.3.3 and I am receiving several depreciation errors. Anything I'm doing wrong?

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 238 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$default-float" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$default-float: left !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 239 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$opposite-direction" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$opposite-direction: right !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING: The return value of index() will change from "false" to
"null" in future versions of Sass. For compatibility, avoid using "== false" on
the return value. For example, instead of "@if index(...) == false", just write
"@if not index(...)".
        on line  of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss, in `exports'
        from line 310 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss
        from line 5 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_block-grid.scss
        from line 21 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/scss/style.scss
DEPRECATION WARNING on line 13 of /Users/me/Sites/cmcs/wp-content/themes/bones/library/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$modules" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$modules: append($modules, $name) !global" instead.

Vin Banton over 5 years ago

I got the same error message after applying 'bower update" yesterday.

Any clue how to fix this?

Abdullah Salem over 5 years ago

I've just faced that issue, that's happened when I've installed the latest version of Compass. Therefore, I uninstall the new Compass
Ruby
gem uninstall compass

then I re-install the previous version that I had been using "0.12.6"
Ruby
gem install compass -v 0.12.6

I hope that help you to avoid that new DEPRECATION WARNINGS.

Scott Rod over 5 years ago

Downgrading Compass would solve the issue, but that would also remove sourcemaps support. I'd rather see/ignore the warnings rather than give up sourcemap support.

Otherwise, Compass 1.0rc seems to be rendering fine with Foundation—at least their grids component.