Menu icon Foundation
Modernizr causes Firefox to report jQuery as not responding

Hello! I noticed that Modernizr causes Firefox users to go to my website, and leaves their browser frozen until Firefox says that jQuery has taken to long to load, "stop the script", or "continue". I have no idea how to fix this so I've removed modernizr from my site altogether.

So, my question is how I can either get Modernizr to not break my website on Firefox, or if it's possible to get the toggle-topbar working for mobile without using Modernizr? Thanks!

modernizrtopbar

Hello! I noticed that Modernizr causes Firefox users to go to my website, and leaves their browser frozen until Firefox says that jQuery has taken to long to load, "stop the script", or "continue". I have no idea how to fix this so I've removed modernizr from my site altogether.

So, my question is how I can either get Modernizr to not break my website on Firefox, or if it's possible to get the toggle-topbar working for mobile without using Modernizr? Thanks!

NoahJ about 5 years ago

I've narrowed it down and it's definitely modernizr causing a problem for Firefox browsers, it just causes jQuery to report as not responding, does anyone have a fix for this?

Stefan almost 5 years ago

we're having the same trouble with version 5.4.6 and jquery 8.2 .. is there a yet a workaround ??? thanks a lot :)

i've tried a plenty of workarounds, but if modernize is available inside foundation.min.js firefox hangs up with error ‚jquery is not responding‘.

tried different sequence of scripts and initialize-call of jquery and foundation. First after deleting all dependencies for modernizr inside foundation.min.js these error doesn't occur.

thanks for any hint or workaround!!!

<script src=js/vendor/jquery.js"></script>
<script src="js/foundation.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/vendor/modernizr.js"></script>

<script>
$(function() {
   $(document).foundation();
});
</script>

quick&dirty ... removed entire part Foundation.libs.tooltip{} from foundation.min.js and everything is fine