Menu icon Foundation
F5 Install Not Complete With Terminal

I installed Foundation using the Terminal commands. I have Git, NodeJS and Ruby installed on my machine. I was able to create a new project, but it seems that some of Foundation's files were excluded, namely the Foundation/Components file. All I had was Scss with the files apps.scss and _Settings.scss.

Can I simply download and add the Foundation/Components to the Scss folder?

installFoundation 5

I installed Foundation using the Terminal commands. I have Git, NodeJS and Ruby installed on my machine. I was able to create a new project, but it seems that some of Foundation's files were excluded, namely the Foundation/Components file. All I had was Scss with the files apps.scss and _Settings.scss.

Can I simply download and add the Foundation/Components to the Scss folder?

Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

The foundation components scss and js are located in the bower-components folder.

We just tested and it is there. Are you getting compile errors?

Eddie Barranco almost 5 years ago

Rafi,

I do see those files in bower-components. However, I have read that the Bower Components folder is not to be updated.

Right, changes there will be overwritten. You should use it as a reference and make changes in a custom.scss file or app.scss which is provided.

I wanted to edit the type.scss file. Should I copy this from Bower folder to the SCSS folder for editing? I don't really follow / have read multiple things that are confusing me.

What is the exact folder structure that I should expect from a F5 install?

To answer your original question, I am not getting errors during compilation. Here is what the CLI says when I install.

" Creating ./testproject
create testproject
Cloning into 'testproject'...
remote: Counting objects: 78, done.
remote: Total 78 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (78/78), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Installing dependencies with bower...
./testproject was created "

here is a screenshot of what is installed:

http://imgur.com/a/H94t2

Nic Edwards almost 5 years ago

Are you trying to alter the text.scss file because there aren't settings within the _settings.scss?

To answer your question about folder structure take a look at this page: http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/sass-files.html

Nic,

Yeah, exactly. I want to change my heading and font styles.

I'm confused, though. I don't know where I can go to edit these specific styles. I do see that in the app.scss file within the SCSS folder there is an import for Foundation components. But, where do I edit these components? Specifically, I am referring to this line "foundation/components/type" in the app.scss file in the SCSS folder.

Eddie- the _settings.scss file has those customizations loaded in. Open that file, uncomment the setting you want to change, and make the change.

This video will explain it
http://www.jamesstone.co/blog/using-sass-with-zurb-foundation-5/

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me with this. My original question is definitely answered: everything is installing just fine. I guess I just need more time with Foundation to understand how it is all working.

I'll have to keep breaking shit and putting it back together ;).

Cheers