Menu icon Foundation
SASS compile Error after updating to F5.3.1 - Using Codekit

I recently upgraded to Foundation 5.3.1 using the Codekit asset update option. Immediately after updating the Bower directory I started receiving a SASS compiling error.
I found the situation a little off so I pulled up an old project complete in April 2014 using Foundation 5.2 and added a single white space to the app.scss file and saved out the file to see Codekit's behaviour. As expected everything went fine and the SASS files we're compiled correctly.
I then updated this old projects bower Foundation directory using Codekit's Bower asset update feature. Immediately after the Foundation files along with dependencies (jquery, fastclick etc) I added the same white space to the app.scss and saved out the file. This time I once again received the same compile error from Codekit.

Is there something simple I'm missing here or is there a slight incompatibility is the SASS files released in both the latest Foundation and Codekit?

Foundation version - 5.3.1
Codekit version - 2.1.3 (17682)
Codekit SASS version - 3.3.10
Mac SASS Version - Sass 3.2.19

I was considering updating the Mac SASS but I don't want to run into any further troubles before I received some advise.

Thanks for your help!

Marc

Compass was unable to compile one or more files in the project: 

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 238 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$default-float" by default is deprecated.
In future versions of Sass, this will create a new local variable.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$default-float: left !global" instead.
Note that this will be incompatible with Sass 3.2.

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 239 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$opposite-direction" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$opposite-direction: right !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING: The return value of index() will change from "false" to
"null" in future versions of Sass. For compatibility, avoid using "== false" on
the return value. For example, instead of "@if index(...) == false", just write
"@if not index(...)".
        on line  of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss, in `exports'
        from line 310 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss
        from line 5 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_grid.scss
        from line 7 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/scss/app.scss
DEPRECATION WARNING on line 13 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$modules" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$modules: append($modules, $name) !global" instead.

codekit sass compile error

I recently upgraded to Foundation 5.3.1 using the Codekit asset update option. Immediately after updating the Bower directory I started receiving a SASS compiling error.
I found the situation a little off so I pulled up an old project complete in April 2014 using Foundation 5.2 and added a single white space to the app.scss file and saved out the file to see Codekit's behaviour. As expected everything went fine and the SASS files we're compiled correctly.
I then updated this old projects bower Foundation directory using Codekit's Bower asset update feature. Immediately after the Foundation files along with dependencies (jquery, fastclick etc) I added the same white space to the app.scss and saved out the file. This time I once again received the same compile error from Codekit.

Is there something simple I'm missing here or is there a slight incompatibility is the SASS files released in both the latest Foundation and Codekit?

Foundation version - 5.3.1
Codekit version - 2.1.3 (17682)
Codekit SASS version - 3.3.10
Mac SASS Version - Sass 3.2.19

I was considering updating the Mac SASS but I don't want to run into any further troubles before I received some advise.

Thanks for your help!

Marc

Compass was unable to compile one or more files in the project: 

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 238 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$default-float" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$default-float: left !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING on line 239 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$opposite-direction" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$opposite-direction: right !global" instead.

DEPRECATION WARNING: The return value of index() will change from "false" to
"null" in future versions of Sass. For compatibility, avoid using "== false" on
the return value. For example, instead of "@if index(...) == false", just write
"@if not index(...)".
        on line  of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss, in `exports'
        from line 310 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_global.scss
        from line 5 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/components/_grid.scss
        from line 7 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/scss/app.scss
DEPRECATION WARNING on line 13 of /Users/marc-jeffrey/Projects/AP2/root/bower_components/foundation/scss/foundation/_functions.scss:
Assigning to global variable "$modules" by default is deprecated.
If you want to assign to the global variable, use "$modules: append($modules, $name) !global" instead.