Menu icon Foundation
Duplicates with Bower install

I used Bower to install Foundation (bower install zurb/bower-foundation), and it created a folder structure that includes individual libraries at the bower_components root level, but also includes the JS files under /foundation/js/vendor. I read on these forums that the "vendor" folder files should be used. If that's the case, why are the extra libraries installed? This makes the dev environment confusing because it's easy to mistakenly use the files in the individual components, and it adds unnecessary files.

The structure that is created looks like the tree below (irrelevant files/folders not listed):

/bower_components
  /fastclick
     /lib 
      fastclick.js
  /foundation
    /js
      /vendor
        fastclick.js
        jquery.cookie.js
        jquery.js
        modernizr.js
        placeholder.js
  /jquery
    /dist
      jquery.js
  /jquery-placeholder
    jquery.placeholder.js
  /jquery.cookie
    jquery.cookie.js
  /modernizer
    modernizr.js

bowerjavascriptduplicate

I used Bower to install Foundation (bower install zurb/bower-foundation), and it created a folder structure that includes individual libraries at the bower_components root level, but also includes the JS files under /foundation/js/vendor. I read on these forums that the "vendor" folder files should be used. If that's the case, why are the extra libraries installed? This makes the dev environment confusing because it's easy to mistakenly use the files in the individual components, and it adds unnecessary files.

The structure that is created looks like the tree below (irrelevant files/folders not listed):

/bower_components
  /fastclick
     /lib 
      fastclick.js
  /foundation
    /js
      /vendor
        fastclick.js
        jquery.cookie.js
        jquery.js
        modernizr.js
        placeholder.js