Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 5 for drupal? Best option?

Does anyone here have experience using Foundation 5 with drupal?
There seem to be several Foundation Themes and Projects that use foundation, but the bigger ones seem to be on version 4.
Is a project/theme the best way to go, or is it better to try and style it myself?

Thanks

drupalPHPFoundation 5

Does anyone here have experience using Foundation 5 with drupal?
There seem to be several Foundation Themes and Projects that use foundation, but the bigger ones seem to be on version 4.
Is a project/theme the best way to go, or is it better to try and style it myself?

Thanks

David Parrish almost 6 years ago

The answer depends on your level of experience in theming with Drupal. The challenge will be to get Drupal to produce markup that uses foundation conventions. A good theme is going to do this for you, creating the appropriate template files to override various elements of Drupal's native output. As to the question of customization, my preference would be to alter the html produced .tpl files in the theme, but additionally it may be useful for you or your users to have a UI to set classes on various elements that are part of the theme or blocks.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

From my understanding, the best way to use Drupal with a framework is a decoupled method.
http://lullabot.github.io/copelandia/#/

There are many advantages and very few disadvantages.