Menu icon Foundation
3 Col layout w/ one fixed-width, one scroll

I am somewhat new to Foundation and am trying to work out a layout with three columns. The left col needs to be 260px fixed width. The middle and right cols need to have min- and max- widths, with the right col being the one able to expand the most.

Also -- only the right column can scroll. I need the left and middle cols to not scroll. If they're pos: fixed to get this done, they can't expand / contract, I believe.

Is this practical / possible using Foundation as a base? These restrictions go against Foundation's philosophy to some degree, I realize.

Thanks...

bp

fixedwidthscroll

I am somewhat new to Foundation and am trying to work out a layout with three columns. The left col needs to be 260px fixed width. The middle and right cols need to have min- and max- widths, with the right col being the one able to expand the most.

Also -- only the right column can scroll. I need the left and middle cols to not scroll. If they're pos: fixed to get this done, they can't expand / contract, I believe.

Is this practical / possible using Foundation as a base? These restrictions go against Foundation's philosophy to some degree, I realize.

Thanks...

bp

Brandon Arnold over 5 years ago

I answered a similar question here a little while back and mocked up this Pen for it. It can probs be a pretty good starting point for ya.

http://codepen.io/zurbrandon/pen/vrbck