Menu icon Foundation
Editing _setting.scss please help

Hello! So I'm finally starting to understand the power of Foundations mixed with Compass. Awesome stuff! Except I ran into a snag and I can't figure out why it keeps doing this...

I'm trying to change all my responsive class (small, medium, large) media queries in the _settings.scss from their original min-widths to max-width instead.

When I do this though Ruby is giving me some 'tude that goes something like this.

Change detected at 15:17:27 to: _settings.scss
identical css/app.scss

I think because of this it is not actually making any of the changes(am I correct with that assumption)?

What did I do to mess it up, or am I just doing something that is not allowed to happen? I am using an additional stylesheet to perform these layouts(this whole thing is for my navbar) under _layout.scss, but yea.. I'm stuck. Please help :)

_setting.scssidenticalcompass

Hello! So I'm finally starting to understand the power of Foundations mixed with Compass. Awesome stuff! Except I ran into a snag and I can't figure out why it keeps doing this...

I'm trying to change all my responsive class (small, medium, large) media queries in the _settings.scss from their original min-widths to max-width instead.

When I do this though Ruby is giving me some 'tude that goes something like this.

Change detected at 15:17:27 to: _settings.scss
identical css/app.scss

I think because of this it is not actually making any of the changes(am I correct with that assumption)?

What did I do to mess it up, or am I just doing something that is not allowed to happen? I am using an additional stylesheet to perform these layouts(this whole thing is for my navbar) under _layout.scss, but yea.. I'm stuck. Please help :)

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Shoaib Iqbal over 5 years ago

Are you sure you are including _settings.scss file?, I think as default it is not included, you have to do it manually.

Also you have to include _settings.scss file on top on other components.

reenan over 5 years ago

Another reason that can give the "identical css/app.css" message. Aside from what the previous comment has mentioned.

Make sure to remove the "//" before you make changes to the existing code in the _settings.scss file. Lines with two forward slashes in front are commented out and won't be committed to the app.css file.

// Media Query Ranges
// $small-range: (0em, 40em);
$small-range: (1em, 45em);

Jeck Thompson over 5 years ago

I just updated to Foundations 5 and I'm still having the same issues. There is a _settings.scss and app.scss files in my scss folder in the project.

Everytime I try to make changes to _settings.scss it tells my the the app.css is identical, and it won't make any of the changes to my _settings.scss file.

What gives?

Brendan McDonald over 5 years ago

This was happening to me yesterday, until I uncommented the scss. I felt like such a noob

Can you help me understand how to uncomment the scss? Thanks!

Thank you so much!