Menu icon Foundation
Grunt & PHP

First time long time.

So I finally made the move from compass method to the node/bower/grunt method. So I finally have everything setup and everything looks to be functioning on the SASS and JS side. I'm looking to add an old site to my project and am looking for the best practices/recommendations to do this with PHP.

How do you use Grunt with PHP?
- Do you use the /src directory and setup grunt-contrib-copy to copy over your PHP files? Sounds redundant.
- Do you just put your PHP files in /dist and work on your PHP files form there?

Any help is appreciated.

GruntPHPbestpractices

First time long time.

So I finally made the move from compass method to the node/bower/grunt method. So I finally have everything setup and everything looks to be functioning on the SASS and JS side. I'm looking to add an old site to my project and am looking for the best practices/recommendations to do this with PHP.

How do you use Grunt with PHP?
- Do you use the /src directory and setup grunt-contrib-copy to copy over your PHP files? Sounds redundant.
- Do you just put your PHP files in /dist and work on your PHP files form there?

Any help is appreciated.

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Karl Ward about 5 years ago

I'm far from an expert on Grunt, but since PHP is not related to general Grunt tasks, you are generally free to just copy over the PHP files where they need to be copied so you can adapt your project. Grunt does not dictate your project setup ...