Menu icon Foundation
Inconveniences / question about settings in Foundation 5

Perhaps I'm missing something, but setting up Foundation 5 certainly seems to have some inconveniences that didn't exist in F4.

Custom SCSS imports: In F4, all the custom imports were commented out in the main app.scss, ready to be uncommented if you needed to use them. Now, in F5, I need to copy across these imports from the components file. Why has this changed?

_settings.scss: Originally, there were more variables to play with. Now, there are some missing (such as the $header-font-family variable) and I have to copy these over from a components file. Why has this changed?

Would be nice to see some more explanation of custom imports and the settings file in the documentation!

settings_setting.scss

Perhaps I'm missing something, but setting up Foundation 5 certainly seems to have some inconveniences that didn't exist in F4.

Custom SCSS imports: In F4, all the custom imports were commented out in the main app.scss, ready to be uncommented if you needed to use them. Now, in F5, I need to copy across these imports from the components file. Why has this changed?

_settings.scss: Originally, there were more variables to play with. Now, there are some missing (such as the $header-font-family variable) and I have to copy these over from a components file. Why has this changed?

Would be nice to see some more explanation of custom imports and the settings file in the documentation!

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

Hi,

Looks like you need to update your Foundation version. 5.0.3 is the latest and has the typography setting you are asking about. Or you can just copy this one in https://github.com/zurb/foundation/blob/master/scss/foundation/_settings.scss

All you scss changes should be made in _setting.scss. You can also link a css stylesheet if needed.