Menu icon Foundation
Error configuring foundation for rails app

I'm trying to build a simple app to give foundation a try. But I'm having a hard time. I've followed the steps on the [app guide](http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/applications.html) and made sure to fulfill all the requirements.

Here are the steps I took and the error produced while trying to configure foundation

- Create rails app
>rails new foundation-demo
>cd foundation-demo
- Create startup page
>rails generate controller welcome index
- point root(/) to that file uncommenting root 'welcome#index' on config/routes.rb
- add the following line to GemFile as per guide
>gem 'foundation-rails'
- run
>bundle install
- run
>rails g foundation:install
gives me this error
```
insert app/assets/javascripts/application.js
append app/assets/javascripts/application.js
/home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/install_generator.rb:19:in `read': No such file or directory - /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/../../../../vendor/_settings.scss (Errno::ENOENT)
from /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/install_generator.rb:19:in `add_assets'
```

It seems to me that the path for _settings.scss file is wrong, I've found it under vendor/assets/stylesheets/foundation/ not directly under vendor/

I'm using rbenv and ruby 2.0.0-p353 as seen on the output. I tried to configure it mannually but it's not very clear for me, from the app guide, how to do that on a ruby application.

generatorrailsrubyappinstall

I'm trying to build a simple app to give foundation a try. But I'm having a hard time. I've followed the steps on the [app guide](http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/applications.html) and made sure to fulfill all the requirements.

Here are the steps I took and the error produced while trying to configure foundation

- Create rails app
>rails new foundation-demo
>cd foundation-demo
- Create startup page
>rails generate controller welcome index
- point root(/) to that file uncommenting root 'welcome#index' on config/routes.rb
- add the following line to GemFile as per guide
>gem 'foundation-rails'
- run
>bundle install
- run
>rails g foundation:install
gives me this error
```
insert app/assets/javascripts/application.js
append app/assets/javascripts/application.js
/home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/install_generator.rb:19:in `read': No such file or directory - /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/../../../../vendor/_settings.scss (Errno::ENOENT)
from /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/foundation-rails-5.0.3.0/lib/foundation/rails/generators/install_generator.rb:19:in `add_assets'
```

It seems to me that the path for _settings.scss file is wrong, I've found it under vendor/assets/stylesheets/foundation/ not directly under vendor/

I'm using rbenv and ruby 2.0.0-p353 as seen on the output. I tried to configure it mannually but it's not very clear for me, from the app guide, how to do that on a ruby application.

Ciro Arreola almost 6 years ago

ok, so the path problem has been fixed by https://github.com/zurb/foundation-rails/pull/65. But it still gives me this error

´´´
/home/cirovladimir/Projects/demos/foundation/config/application.rb:10:in <module:Foundation>': uninitialized constant Foundation::Rails::Application (NameError)
from /home/cirovladimir/Projects/demos/foundation/config/application.rb:9:in
'
from /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.0.2/lib/rails/commands.rb:43:in require'
from /home/cirovladimir/.rbenv/versions/2.0.0-p353/lib/ruby/gems/2.0.0/gems/railties-4.0.2/lib/rails/commands.rb:43:in
'
from bin/rails:4:in require'
from bin/rails:4:in
'
´´´