Menu icon Foundation
Can Bootstrap Carousel be used on a Foundation website?

I've got a client who really wants to have a carousel like feature on his home page. He actually showed me a link to a site that is built on bootstrap. So, I've been testing out both Foundation and Bootstrap and decided to go with Foundation because its lighter, quicker and has a Carousel-like feature that is integrated with it. I love working with Foundation, but I'm worried about using Orbit since it is no longer supported. I'm too deep into this project now to change course and go with Bootstrap. So I wondering if there is some way I can use the code for bootstrap's carousel in the foundation framework?

carouselOrbitBootstrapdeprecated features

I've got a client who really wants to have a carousel like feature on his home page. He actually showed me a link to a site that is built on bootstrap. So, I've been testing out both Foundation and Bootstrap and decided to go with Foundation because its lighter, quicker and has a Carousel-like feature that is integrated with it. I love working with Foundation, but I'm worried about using Orbit since it is no longer supported. I'm too deep into this project now to change course and go with Bootstrap. So I wondering if there is some way I can use the code for bootstrap's carousel in the foundation framework?

Tomi Tomion about 5 years ago

Never tried, but I guess there could be some styling and missing glyphicons issues, although still you can download it as a single plugin.

But I think it's not the best choice due to lack of IE9 CSS3 animation support. They say "We have intentionally decided not to include jQuery-based fallbacks for the transitions."

Check this post for options http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/14504-moving-on-from-developing-orbit