Menu icon Foundation
Force small/medium/large mode?

I would like to give my users the possibility to force small, medium or large mode on their devices by adding a CSS class to the . I received several requests for this.

It could work like for example a user triggers a event on his small classified in which JavaScript adds "force-large" to the CSS class. Foundation should rerender the page like it would render it for large classified devices. The page is zoomable and zoomed out to show 100% of the page.

This is what I hear from a lot of my mobile users.

Is there any possibility to add this feature or is it already there and I didn't find it?

responsibleforce

I would like to give my users the possibility to force small, medium or large mode on their devices by adding a CSS class to the . I received several requests for this.

It could work like for example a user triggers a event on his small classified in which JavaScript adds "force-large" to the CSS class. Foundation should rerender the page like it would render it for large classified devices. The page is zoomable and zoomed out to show 100% of the page.

This is what I hear from a lot of my mobile users.

Is there any possibility to add this feature or is it already there and I didn't find it?

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Karl Ward about 5 years ago

This is not easily done, because Foundation responsive websites aren't different "modes" large, medium, small ... Basically you build a responsive Foundation website by applying a column grid that breaks differently on different screen sizes. Its not like different "versions" or anything ...

Therefore, there isnt any straightforward method to "force" a specific screen-size to display for a grid that is created to break on different screen sizes.