Menu icon Foundation
Orbit doesn't allow normal vertical scroll on devices

Orbit doesn't allow normal vertical scroll on devices.
(Swiping vertically over orbit to scroll down the page)
Any workarounds?

<ul data-orbit="" data-options="swipe:false">

Disables orbit horizontal swipe and reverts normal vertical scroll behavior on devices.
I think swiping vertically over an orbit image is a very common scenario and scroll is expected.

Is it possible to make it work leaving the swipe turned on?
(If user scrolls horizontally over orbit images to swipe images, if scroll vertically, scrolls the page)

Any suggestions?

Orbitswipetouch

Orbit doesn't allow normal vertical scroll on devices.
(Swiping vertically over orbit to scroll down the page)
Any workarounds?

<ul data-orbit="" data-options="swipe:false">

Disables orbit horizontal swipe and reverts normal vertical scroll behavior on devices.
I think swiping vertically over an orbit image is a very common scenario and scroll is expected.

Is it possible to make it work leaving the swipe turned on?
(If user scrolls horizontally over orbit images to swipe images, if scroll vertically, scrolls the page)

Any suggestions?

Justin Liu about 5 years ago

Vertical swiping needs to be disabled to allow vertical scrolling, surely. I'm going to struggle using the framework for ipad portrait if the user can't scroll below the orbit slider!

Simon Bowler about 5 years ago

Use SlickSlide.js, Orbit is no longer supported by Foundation

http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

Rafi Benkual about 5 years ago

Joe Workman's PR was just pulled in and will restore the most important functionality. We pulled it down and tested it. He did a great job. That update will be in 5.3 on next Wednesday.

Justin Liu about 5 years ago

@Rafi

Cheers! I have referenced the file (foundation.orbit.js) separately (I was using foundation.min.js) and it seems to be working splendidly. Thank you.

samjin over 4 years ago

Made a full screen size horizontal slides with different height of images. Almost finished it then realized i can't vertically scroll to lower half of some images. what a fail. Any solution so far?