Menu icon Foundation
Issues with Google Webfonts in Android Browser

Hi guys

I have got the following issue. I'm using a google webfont in a project i did with Foundation. The thing is, it is working on any browser but not on the Android Browser on a Samsung Galaxy Note. The Android Browser is showing a standard font.

For testing purpose i tried it with a simple html file to check if it's a general problem with google fonts. But it was working. Then i tried a clean Foundation-Installation, I added the google font and changed all font-family tags. And again, the same result. It is working on FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari, but not on the Android Browser.

The installed System is Android 4.2.2

I hope you guys have any ideas or solutions. Thanx for your help.

Cheers
Tom

Screenshot 2014 05 13 08 46 39

Screenshot 2014 05 13 08 49 24

Google Webfontandroidissuenot working

Hi guys

I have got the following issue. I'm using a google webfont in a project i did with Foundation. The thing is, it is working on any browser but not on the Android Browser on a Samsung Galaxy Note. The Android Browser is showing a standard font.

For testing purpose i tried it with a simple html file to check if it's a general problem with google fonts. But it was working. Then i tried a clean Foundation-Installation, I added the google font and changed all font-family tags. And again, the same result. It is working on FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari, but not on the Android Browser.

The installed System is Android 4.2.2

I hope you guys have any ideas or solutions. Thanx for your help.

Cheers
Tom

Screenshot 2014 05 13 08 46 39

Screenshot 2014 05 13 08 49 24
Karl Ward over 5 years ago

Hard to say, but I could take a look if you have a link. You should perhaps try a different method for adding the font? There are 3 ways to integrate through css and JS, and some devices/platforms may have problems with one or the other ...

Alexander Assimidis over 5 years ago

Did u make Cross Browsing that means https ?

or configure ur Server and the mime types.

Laura Holland about 5 years ago

Did you ever figure this out? I am noticing the same issue in the Samsung default browser on my Galaxy S3. It displays fine in Chrome (mobile version) on my phone.